Paraphrase online is a free online paraphrasing tool used to change words and rephrase sentences.
How to Use our Paraphrasing Tool?
It is very easy to paraphrase online with our paraphrasing tool. To rephrase, follow the steps below.
- Type/paste the text into the input box or upload a file (.doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt) from local storage.
- Select the required paraphrasing mode and click on the "Paraphrase" button.
- The paraphrased text will be displayed on the right box. You can also change the modes for different outputs.
- You can also copy and download the paraphrased text by clicking on the output buttons.
Free Paraphrasing Tool
Our paraphrasing tool (paraphraser) helps students, writers, and bloggers to avoid plagiarism. This rewording tool uses advanced AI algorithms to change sentence structure, synonymize the text and make other similar changes.
This word changer has a built-in paraphrase generator that helps in rephrasing any paragraph accurately.
What is Paraphrasing?
Paraphrasing is one way to use a text in your own writing without directly quoting source material ( according to Purdue University ). It is the process of rewording and rearranging sentence structure while keeping the original meaning of the context.
Features of Paraphrase Online
Paraphrase Online offers numerous features such as paraphrasing essays, assignments, and rewording articles. Our paraphrase tool works as the best sentence rephraser and word changer.
You can use this feature to upload files directly from your device and skip the copy-paste or typing step. Our tool supports Doc, Docx, PDF & .txt file formats.
Free and Secure
Our word paraphraser is 100% free and completely secure to use for all kinds of rephrasing paragraphs and sentences to avoid plagiarism.
Our rephrase tool is based on advanced AI algorithms that can rephrase more accurately than humans and makes text grammatically correct and plagiarism free.
Ease to use
Paraphrase Online has a user-friendly interface and simple navigation that makes our paraphrase generator the most easy to use paraphrasing tool online.
Plagiarism Free Content
Content paraphrased by our sentence rephraser will be 100% plagiarism-free. Our paraphrasing tool helps you rephrase any text in seconds to avoid plagiarism issues.
Speed & Customization
Our paraphraser can rephrase any text within seconds and provides quick results. Paraphrase Online also allows you to customize the output to suit your needs, e.g: choosing the specific words to be replaced.
05 Different Paraphrasing Modes
Our paraphrasing tool offers five different paraphrasing modes/styles that you can choose from as per your need and requirement. Here is a brief profile of each mode:
The Word Changer mode is designed to replace the words in the text with suitable synonyms. This mode focuses on changing words and does not make other types of alterations.
The Sentence Rephraser mode is made to rephrase sentences as a whole by making changes to the words as well as the phrases.
The Academic mode of our paraphrasing tool makes your text more formal and suitable for academic uses.
The Creative mode makes smart and extensive changes to the text to make it look different from the original version. This mode is best for avoiding plagiarism, improving readability, and enhancing engagement.
The Shorten mode rephrases text while also making it shorter than the original input. This mode is best for creating a paraphrased + summarized output for your existing text.
Why Our Paraphrase Tool?
Our paraphrase tool is the best rewording tool that helps you to write content in your own words. This paraphrase generator changes words and phrases quickly and accurately.
Users of Paraphrase Online
This paraphraser is widely used by:
Students can use our paraphrasing tool to paraphrase their assignments and research papers. Our tool can help students:
Avoid plagiarism : It helps students to make their work plagiarism-free.
Make assignments more readable : Our tool also makes content more readable and free of grammar errors. And if English is not their first language then this tool is no less than a best friend.
- Save time : Generate assignments and essays by quickly paraphrasing the existing content.
Creating class notes and study material on the same topic is a very tough task for teachers. Hey teachers! You can thank us for this awesome rewording tool. You can:
- Paraphrase any notes within seconds while keeping its original meaning;
- Make study notes easy to understand for your class students;
- Generate new assignment ideas by rephrasing the same topics.
Bloggers have to post on a regular basis, and mostly on similar topics. They can create unique content for their blogs without spending a lot of time by just rewording existing blogs.
SEO specialists can use our AI-based paraphrasing tool to create unique content for their websites. SEO experts must use our tool because:
- The final result of our tool is also optimized for search engines;
- It adjusts multiple keywords by rephrasing text
Content writers play the most creative part in a website. Our rephrase tool helps them to come up with new ideas using existing content. Content writers can also use our paraphrase tool to rephrase their write-ups to avoid plagiarism.
Make your next advertising campaign line catchy and engaging using our paraphrasing tool. Create messages that will sell products, services, or ideas. Paraphrase Online makes your writing visually appealing and effective.
Best marketing lines matter in digital marketing. Our paraphrase tool provides different versions of the same lines that can be used for A/B testing. Even a simple choice of different words can generate more leads.
Researchers can use our shorten mode to summarize and paraphrase their research papers. It makes it easy for them to change their literature reviews.
Rewording emails, reports, or other business documents is very common for business professionals. Our reword tool could be very helpful in rewording texts for better clarity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is using an online paraphrasing tool illegal.
No, using an online paraphrasing tool is not illegal. If you want to paraphrase someone else’s content, be sure to cite the source to avoid plagiarism.
Why is paraphrasing important?
Paraphrasing is important as it lets you avoid plagiarism and make your content more easily understandable. Paraphrasing is often done to improve clarity in a piece of text.
Which paraphrasing tool is best for university students?
The paraphrasing tool by Paraphrase Online is an excellent choice for university students. It is free and provides accurate results.
How can I use paraphrase tool for research paper?
You can easily use our paraphrase tool for improving the quality of your research papers and for getting new/better ideas for them. Using Paraphrase Online is easy and simple. You just have to enter your text, choose a mode, and then click on the button.
What are the benefits of paraphrasing in communication?
Paraphrasing can help make communication easier and more clear. You can paraphrase your mails and messages to make them more readable, natural, and better-flowing.
Paraphrasing in communication examples:
- You can paraphrase your work emails to make sure that the recipient easily understands them.
- You can paraphrase your letters and memos to make them clear and understandable for the office people.
- You can also paraphrase simple text messages to avoid having to repeat or explain yourself afterward.
- Plagiarism Checker
- Get Premium
- Unlock this mode to make your paraphrasing Smarter
- Unlock this mode to make your paraphrasing
Get rid of recaptcha in $9 only
The paraphrasing tool (paraphraser) is a sentence changer generator that can rephrase sentences, paragraphs, articles, and essays.
This sentence rephraser helps students and writers to avoid plagiarism while writing blogs and research papers with state-of-the-art technology.
What is Paraphrasing?
Paraphrasing is expressing ideas and information in your own words and mentioning their source. ( By University of South Australia )
Why our paraphrasing tool?
Our paraphrasing tool helps to rewrite plagiarism-free content 😊. It can change sentence structure without changing the context of the topic.
How does Paraphrase Tool work?
The paraphraser provides a simple interface.
To use paraphrase tool, follow the below steps:
Features of Paraphrasing Tool Free
Some of the features of this rephrase tool are:
You can upload a file directly from your computer in the following formats:
You can also upload a file directly from Google Drive with just a single click.
The final output from our rephrasing tool would be completely plagiarism-free.
If not sure about plagiarism in text, you can check it on the plagiarism checker .
Our free rephrasing tool provides an option to download the final report in Docx and Txt format.
Free and Secure
The paraphrase generator is completely free and 100% safe to use for all kinds of rewriting purposes.
Accurate and reliable rephrasing of text
Our tool rephrase text accurately and keep the same meaning and context as the original text.
4 Different paraphrasing modes:
To provide the best results, we have developed four different modes 😏 Smooth : It paraphrases text that flows well, is grammatically correct, and is easy to read. This type of paraphrasing is often used in academic or professional writing. Best for students to make assignments and presentations.
🤠 Formal : Formal paraphrasing is complex and time-consuming because it requires a deep understanding of the original text, so we have developed a separate mode for it.
😎 Smart : This mode is highly accurate and reliable. It allows users to fine-tune the output. It rewrites text using advanced algorithms and natural language processing techniques.
🧐 Improver : This mode will paraphrase and improve your content. Removes grammar mistakes, changes sentence structure and good word choice for better readability. Best for teachers to create study notes.
With our super easy-to-use interface, you can reword content within seconds.
Uses of Online Paraphrasing Tool
Paraphrasing content manually is not an easy task. It takes both time and effort to do this. Therefore, using the paraphrase online tool can save a lot of time and effort.
Other uses are:
- It helps students to submit plagiarism-free assignments and academic work
- Quickly paraphrase the content
- It helps to learn new sentence structures
- It reduces the chances of plagiarism in the paraphrased content
- 100% free paraphrasing tool
Who uses Paraphrasing Tool?
This sentence rephraser is not the requirement of every writer but it is widely used by:
It is hard to come up with engaging content. This rewording tool helps to write articles on the same topic in unique ways.
Editpad Online Paraphrase tool helps bloggers to rephrase text in a way that is more easily readable by a general audience.
Freelance writers have to write high-quality and original content now and then. It helps them complete content tasks. Use sentence rephraser to save time in the writing process and spend more time on other important tasks such as research, editing and proofreading.
It allows students to paraphrase essays, assignments, and lengthy writing homework. Our tool helps students to avoid plagiarism and to improve their writing skills.
Using editpad paraphrasing tool students can express their ideas in a better writing style.
Pro tip: Do not forget to check assignments and papers for plagiarism .
Researchers need paraphrasers to prevent plagiarism in their research work and to improve readability. They can also use our tool to quickly summarize large content to identify key points. just want to summarize your text? Try our text summarizer .
Copywriters can use our rephrase tool to refresh old content and give it a new angle. Rephraser is super helpful when you have to write bulk content under tight deadlines. Present the same information in a new and unique way.
As a webmaster, you have to always keep content quality, SEO quality, and usability at best. And we are here for you to help.
- Quality content : With a paraphrasing tool, webmasters can ensure that the content on their website is unique and free of plagiarism.
- SEO : To optimize the website for different keywords, you can paraphrase online same text multiple times.
- User-friendly content : Make your content more readable and easily understandable for website users by rephrasing it. Our tool not only improves the content quality but also removes basic grammar errors. You can use editpad's grammar checker tool to correct all grammatical mistakes.
Create your next best-quality Social Media Posts using our paraphraser. Digital marketers can generate different ideas for Email Campaigns and advertisements.
Which is the most effective paraphrasing tool?
Rephrasing tool by Editpad is the most effective paraphrasing tool. It provides four different modes as per your need. Advanced algorithms, lightning-fast speed, and state-of-art technology make our tool the best of all.
Is using a paraphrasing tool illegal?
Using a paraphrasing tool is not illegal. The outputs are unique and they are not an exact replication of the original content.
Can I use paraphrasing tool for legal writing?
Yes, you can use a paraphrasing tool for legal writing. However, if you want to quote someone or use someone else’s words, you have to give the proper citation.
Does paraphrasing tool count as plagiarism?
No, using a paraphrasing tool does not count as committing plagiarism. Plagiarism means copying content directly whereas using a paraphrasing tool involves changing the wording.
- Paraphrasing Tool
- Reverse Text - Backwards Text Generator
- Upside Down Text Generator
- Words to Pages
- Case Converter
- Online rich-text editor
- Grammar Checker
- Article Rewriter
- Invisible Character
- Readability Checker
- Diff Checker
- Text Similarity Checker
- Extract Text From Image
- Text Summarizer
- Emoji Translator
- Weird Text Generator
- Stylish Text Generator
- Glitch Text Generator
- Cursive Font Generator
- Gothic Text Generator
- Discord Font Generator
- Aesthetic Text Generator
- Cool Text Generator
- Wingdings Translator
- Old English Translator
- Online HTML Editor
- Cursed Text Generator
- Bubble Text Generator
- Strikethrough Text Generator
- Zalgo Text Generator
- Big Text Generator - Generate Large Text
- Old Norse Translator
- Fancy Font Generator
- Cool Font Generator
- Fortnite Font Generator
- Fancy Text Generator
- Punctuation checker
- Text Repeater
- Vaporwave Text Generator
- Citation Generator
- Title Generator
- Text To Handwriting
- Conclusion Generator
- Abstract Generator
- List Randomizer
- Speech to text
- Bionic Reading Tool
- Fake Address Generator
- JPG To Word
- Random Choice Generator
EN ES NL DE ID BR TR FR RU IT SV CS VI DA PL NO JA
Thank You, we got your feedback.
Our website is made possible by displaying ads to our visitors. please support us by whitelisting our website.
Have a language expert improve your writing
Run a free plagiarism check in 10 minutes, generate accurate citations for free.
- Knowledge Base
- Working with sources
- How to Paraphrase | Step-by-Step Guide & Examples
How to Paraphrase | Step-by-Step Guide & Examples
Published on April 8, 2022 by Courtney Gahan and Jack Caulfield. Revised on November 4, 2022.
Paraphrasing means putting someone else’s ideas into your own words. Paraphrasing a source involves changing the wording while preserving the original meaning.
Paraphrasing is an alternative to quoting (copying someone’s exact words and putting them in quotation marks ). In academic writing, it’s usually better to integrate sources by paraphrasing instead of quoting. It shows that you have understood the source, reads more smoothly, and keeps your own voice front and center.
Every time you paraphrase, it’s important to cite the source . Also take care not to use wording that is too similar to the original. Otherwise, you could be at risk of committing plagiarism .
What is your plagiarism score?
Compare your paper with 99.3 billion webpages and 8 million publications.
- Best plagiarism checker of 2021
- Plagiarism report & percentage
- Largest plagiarism database
Scribbr Plagiarism Checker
Table of contents
How to paraphrase in five easy steps, how to paraphrase correctly, examples of paraphrasing, how to cite a paraphrase, paraphrasing vs. quoting, paraphrasing vs. summarizing, avoiding plagiarism when you paraphrase, frequently asked questions about paraphrasing.
If you’re struggling to get to grips with the process of paraphrasing, check out our easy step-by-step guide in the video below.
Putting an idea into your own words can be easier said than done. Let’s say you want to paraphrase the text below, about population decline in a particular species of sea snails.
You might make a first attempt to paraphrase it by swapping out a few words for synonyms .
Like other sea creatures inhabiting the vicinity of highly populated coasts, horse conchs have lost substantial territory to advancement and contamination , including preferred breeding grounds along mud flats and seagrass beds. Their Gulf home is also heating up due to global warming , which scientists think further puts pressure on the creatures , predicated upon the harmful effects extra warmth has on other large mollusks (Barnett, 2022).
This attempt at paraphrasing doesn’t change the sentence structure or order of information, only some of the word choices. And the synonyms chosen are poor:
- “Advancement and contamination” doesn’t really convey the same meaning as “development and pollution.”
- Sometimes the changes make the tone less academic: “home” for “habitat” and “sea creatures” for “marine animals.”
- Adding phrases like “inhabiting the vicinity of” and “puts pressure on” makes the text needlessly long-winded.
- Global warming is related to climate change, but they don’t mean exactly the same thing.
Because of this, the text reads awkwardly, is longer than it needs to be, and remains too close to the original phrasing. This means you risk being accused of plagiarism .
Let’s look at a more effective way of paraphrasing the same text.
- Only included the information that’s relevant to our argument (note that the paraphrase is shorter than the original)
- Introduced the information with the signal phrase “Scientists believe that …”
- Retained key terms like “development and pollution,” since changing them could alter the meaning
- Structured sentences in our own way instead of copying the structure of the original
- Started from a different point, presenting information in a different order
Because of this, we’re able to clearly convey the relevant information from the source without sticking too close to the original phrasing.
Explore the tabs below to see examples of paraphrasing in action.
- Journal article
- Newspaper article
- Magazine article
Once you have your perfectly paraphrased text, you need to ensure you credit the original author. You’ll always paraphrase sources in the same way, but you’ll have to use a different type of in-text citation depending on what citation style you follow.
Generate accurate citations with Scribbr
The Scribbr Citation Generator will automatically create a flawless APA citation
The Scribbr Citation Generator will automatically create a flawless MLA citation
It’s a good idea to paraphrase instead of quoting in most cases because:
- Paraphrasing shows that you fully understand the meaning of a text
- Your own voice remains dominant throughout your paper
- Quotes reduce the readability of your text
But that doesn’t mean you should never quote. Quotes are appropriate when:
- Giving a precise definition
- Saying something about the author’s language or style (e.g., in a literary analysis paper)
- Providing evidence in support of an argument
- Critiquing or analyzing a specific claim
A paraphrase puts a specific passage into your own words. It’s typically a similar length to the original text, or slightly shorter.
When you boil a longer piece of writing down to the key points, so that the result is a lot shorter than the original, this is called summarizing .
Paraphrasing and quoting are important tools for presenting specific information from sources. But if the information you want to include is more general (e.g., the overarching argument of a whole article), summarizing is more appropriate.
When paraphrasing, you have to be careful to avoid accidental plagiarism .
This can happen if the paraphrase is too similar to the original quote, with phrases or whole sentences that are identical (and should therefore be in quotation marks). It can also happen if you fail to properly cite the source.
Paraphrasing tools are widely used by students, and can be especially useful for non-native speakers who may find academic writing particularly challenging. While these can be helpful for a bit of extra inspiration, use these tools sparingly, keeping academic integrity in mind.
To make sure you’ve properly paraphrased and cited all your sources, you could elect to run a plagiarism check before submitting your paper. And of course, always be sure to read your source material yourself and take the first stab at paraphrasing on your own.
To paraphrase effectively, don’t just take the original sentence and swap out some of the words for synonyms. Instead, try:
- Reformulating the sentence (e.g., change active to passive , or start from a different point)
- Combining information from multiple sentences into one
- Leaving out information from the original that isn’t relevant to your point
- Using synonyms where they don’t distort the meaning
The main point is to ensure you don’t just copy the structure of the original text, but instead reformulate the idea in your own words.
Paraphrasing without crediting the original author is a form of plagiarism , because you’re presenting someone else’s ideas as if they were your own.
However, paraphrasing is not plagiarism if you correctly cite the source . This means including an in-text citation and a full reference, formatted according to your required citation style .
As well as citing, make sure that any paraphrased text is completely rewritten in your own words.
Plagiarism means using someone else’s words or ideas and passing them off as your own. Paraphrasing means putting someone else’s ideas in your own words.
So when does paraphrasing count as plagiarism?
- Paraphrasing is plagiarism if you don’t properly credit the original author.
- Paraphrasing is plagiarism if your text is too close to the original wording (even if you cite the source). If you directly copy a sentence or phrase, you should quote it instead.
- Paraphrasing is not plagiarism if you put the author’s ideas completely in your own words and properly cite the source .
To present information from other sources in academic writing , it’s best to paraphrase in most cases. This shows that you’ve understood the ideas you’re discussing and incorporates them into your text smoothly.
It’s appropriate to quote when:
- Changing the phrasing would distort the meaning of the original text
- You want to discuss the author’s language choices (e.g., in literary analysis )
- You’re presenting a precise definition
- You’re looking in depth at a specific claim
Cite this Scribbr article
If you want to cite this source, you can copy and paste the citation or click the “Cite this Scribbr article” button to automatically add the citation to our free Citation Generator.
Gahan, C. & Caulfield, J. (2022, November 04). How to Paraphrase | Step-by-Step Guide & Examples. Scribbr. Retrieved March 16, 2023, from https://www.scribbr.com/working-with-sources/how-to-paraphrase/
Is this article helpful?
Other students also liked, how to write a summary | guide & examples, how to quote | citing quotes in apa, mla & chicago, how to avoid plagiarism | tips on citing sources.
- About Faculty Development and Support
- Programs and Funding Opportunities
- Consultations, Observations, and Services
- Strategic Resources & Digital Publications
- Canvas @ Yale Support
- Learning Environments @ Yale
- Teaching Workshops
- Teaching Consultations and Classroom Observations
- Teaching Programs
- Spring Teaching Forum
- Written and Oral Communication Workshops and Panels
- Writing Resources & Tutorials
- About the Graduate Writing Laboratory
- Writing and Public Speaking Consultations
- Writing Workshops and Panels
- Writing Peer-Review Groups
- Writing Retreats and All Writes
- Online Writing Resources for Graduate Students
- About Teaching Development for Graduate and Professional School Students
- Teaching Programs and Grants
- Teaching Forums
- Resources for Graduate Student Teachers
- About Undergraduate Writing and Tutoring
- Academic Strategies Program
- The Writing Center
- STEM Tutoring & Programs
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Center for Language Study
- Online Course Catalog
- Antiracist Pedagogy
- NECQL 2019: NorthEast Consortium for Quantitative Literacy XXII Meeting
- STEMinar Series
- Teaching in Context: Troubling Times
- Helmsley Postdoctoral Teaching Scholars
- Pedagogical Partners
- Instructional Materials
- Evaluation & Research
- STEM Education Job Opportunities
- Online Education Legal Statements
You are here
Strategy 5: revise the structure of the source’s sentences.
Paraphrase strategies like replacing jargon and changing terminology rely primarily on substituting your own language for your source’s. But a paraphrase that substitutes synonymous phrases in the same order is still plagiarism. In order to claim the language as your own, you also need to revise the syntactical structure of a passage you are paraphrasing. The longer the section you’re paraphrasing, the more thoroughly you need to revise the syntax.
One strategy for revising the syntax of a passage is to simply cut information that isn’t relevant to your argument, which will likely shift the order in which the material is presented. However, if you need to retain all of the details of your source, you’ll need to adopt a different strategy for presenting them in a different order. Consider the following too-close paraphrase, which has been flagged by Turnitin:
Though both contain an additional clause, each of the highlighted sentences is built around a simple declarative structure:
“Seed retention time in fishes is long” “Fishes can disperse seeds”
Understanding the structure of a sentence is essential for revising its syntax. Consider the following fair paraphrase, which retains all of the information from the source but presents that material in a different order.
The writer of the paraphrase adopts three strategies for restructuring her source’s sentences without cutting any information. And in each case, her strategy doesn’t simply reproduce the source’s ideas in her own language; it conveys theat information more clearly than the source did.
1. The paraphrase writer revises the first sentence so that the subject of the sentence performs the action of the verb. In the source, the subject of the sentence is time . In composing her paraphrase, the writer makes fish —the actors who carry out seed retention—the subject of the sentence. This initial shift produces a corresponding change in other parts of the sentence, dramatically altering the structure of source’s sentence and making its language her own. ( For another example of this kind of revision, see how the paraphrase writer changes “The morphological change is” to “A longer intestine enables” in Strategy 3 .)
2. The paraphrase writer eliminates redundancies in her source. In successive sentences, the source uses the phrases “other vertebrate dispensers” and “monkeys, rodents, and birds” to refer to the same thing. The paraphrase writer replaces this phrase with “birds and mammals” and uses it only in the first sentence—beginning the second sentence with the pronoun this to carry that idea into the next step of her analysis.
3. The paraphrase writer employs a which clause in the second sentence. The primary function of a which clause is to add information to the noun that precedes it. Organizing her sentence in this way, allows the writer to present the information in a different order than her source, which uses a different construction.
The three strategies above demonstrate only a few of the many approaches to reordering the information in a sentence. English is an especially flexible language, with a variety of ways to present ideas. When revising the syntax of a source, strive to imagine how a different structure—a new subject in the sentence, a which clause—might help you present the ideas not only differently, but more clearly than the source does.
As Joseph Williams notes in Style : (1) sentences tend to be clearest when the subject of the sentence performs the action of the verb; and (2) the ideas in a paper are easiest to follow when sentences begin with information that appeared in the previous sentence and then connect that old information to new information. When attempting the structure of a source’s sentence, you might start with these strategies first, before moving on to other approaches.
1 All fair paraphrases on these pages were written by Maya Juman YC ‘20.
2 Correa, S.B., et al. 2007. Evolutionary Perspectives on Seed Consumption and Dispersal by Fishes. BioScience , 57: 748–756.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Principles, strategies, and models to deepen your understanding of what good writing looks like—and how to achieve it.
Residential College Writing Tutors
Schedule an appointment online. Discuss your writing with an experienced, professional tutor in your college.
Drop-In Writing Partners
Writing Partners are Yale College or graduate school students selected for both their writing skills and their ability to talk about writing. They have a student’s-eye view of the challenges you’ll face in writing papers.
To use our Paraphrasing Tool, Simply copy and paste your text into the input box below, OR upload a file, and then click the Paraphrase button.
Get rid of recaptcha in $10 only
Table of Contents:
What is paraphrasing, how to use this paraphrase tool, why use our ai-based paraphraser, key features of our online paraphrasing tool, uses of the paraphrasing tool, who can use our paraphrase tool.
Is this tool helpful?
Enter E-mail to get response?
A paraphrasing tool (paraphraser) is used to reword or rephrase sentences while retaining the original meaning. This sentence rephraser works with AI and NLP.
We developed this tool using state-of-the-art AI models and language processing technologies such as NLP and GPT-3. It utilize advanced rule-based algorithms to rephrase paragraphs, essays, and articles smartly.
By making diverse changes to the text, our word changer makes the content more readable than the original version. It also minimizes the chance of plagiarism.
Paraphrasing is the process of changing words and sentences in a piece of content to make it look different from its original form, but with the same meaning. Here are some other common definitions that you can find on the internet:
According to the Oxford Dictionary :
“...a statement that expresses something that somebody has written or said using different words, especially in order to make it easier to understand…”
As stated by Dictionary.com :
“...a restatement of a text or passage giving the meaning in another form, as for clearness; rewording...”
In the opinion of Wikipedia :
“A paraphrase (/ˈpærəˌfreɪz/) is a restatement of the meaning of a text or passage using other words.”
For more details, read our paraphrasing guide .
Prepostseo’s paraphrase tool provides a simple interface.
Follow the steps below to rephrase your content easily.
- Copy/paste the content in the Input box.
- Select the required mode of paraphrasing (by default, the Standard mode is selected)
- Select the language from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Paraphrase button to rephrase the text. That's it!
The paraphrased content can also be edited. You can change synonyms or switch to some other mode for a different output.
The main reason that you should use our AI based sentence rephraser is because it uses rule-based algorithms to provide smart and intelligent results.
Some benefits that you can enjoy with our tool are:
Following are some features of our rephrase tool:
04 Different Paraphrasing Modes
- Standard Mode : The Standard mode is the most basic one of the four. It only synonymizes the text, i.e., changes the words with their synonyms. It essentially works as a word changer.
- Fluency Mode : It works a little more advanced than Standard Mode. It improves the flow of the content by making changes to the words, phrases, and sentences.
- Creative Mode : The Creative mode helps to paraphrase your content by smartly changing the words with their synonyms and by altering the phrases used. As the name indicates, this mode ‘Creatively’ changes your content so that it looks like the work of an actual human being. (Note: This mode is only for premium users 💰)
- Smarter Mode : This mode is also only available for premium users. It is the Smartest mode available in this tool. It can intelligently change your content to make it look unique and different without diverging from the original context.
Smarter mode is also best, as it removes plagiarism from the text. We have checked the uniqueness of the content rephrased by creative mode using our plagiarism checker . It always PASSED 😎.
Multiple File Uploading Options
You can upload the file directly from your local storage in the following format to paraphrase the content.
You can copy-paste the content in the input box or import the document from Google Drive with a single click.
SEO Optimized Content
Our paraphrasing tool is safe for SEO. It provides unique, engaging and readable content, which makes it ideal for SEO purposes. You can also check it using a paraphrase checker if you want.
Free to Use
Prepostseo's paraphraser is free, fast, and easy to use, which makes it the best paraphrasing tool available on the web. You can reword unlimited essays, articles, blogs, or paragraphs using our rewording tool for free in a few clicks.
Integration with Other Tools
Along with our paraphrase generator, you can use various other tools to improve the quality of content. After completing the paraphrasing process, it provides options to summarize text , find or fix grammar errors , or check for plagiarism. You can find the buttons for the respective functions below the output box.
Our paraphraser works in multiple languages. It offers more than 17 languages including Spanish, Turkish, Italian, and many more.
Prepostseo's paraphrase tool offers 2 free paraphrasing modes with a 500 words input limit in a single submission. If you upgrade to the premium plan , you will get a generous word limit and access 2 advanced AI modes.
Here are some key uses of our Paraphrase Online tool:
- Rewrite full-length essays.
- Reproduce text to achieve unique content.
- Remix articles for blogs, websites, or research paper assignments.
- Paraphrase the text and get better synonyms for a number of words.
- Remove any chances of plagiarism in the copied text.
- Achieve better clarity
Manually paraphrasing a text is a difficult task. Paraphrasing online using the paragraph changer tool will save a lot of time and result in more precise and accurate words
Our paraphrase tool can be used by anyone who needs to rewrite or rephrase written content. Following are some potential users of our tool:
Students can use our paraphrasing tool to get their work done quickly and easily. They can improve their writing skills and also take active help during the writing process itself.
How Can Students Use Paraphrasing?
Among others, here are some ways in which our rephrase tool online can be used by students.
- Learning new words : First of all, students can use the different modes of our online paraphrase tool online to build their vocabulary. They can enter their own content and then look at the new words added by the tool.
- Using old material for assignments : Our tool can also help students use their old content for newer assignments.
- Improving the quality of academic write-ups : During the writing process, students can take help from our paraphrase tool to make their writing look more professional. Our sentence rephraser can be used for essays, applications, presentations, and research papers.
2. Professional writers:
Like students, professional writers can also use our professional paraphrasing tool to get help in their work. Here are some ways in which writers can use this paraphraser:
- Improving content readability : If the content is too difficult to read due to complex wording, our rephraser can be used to make things simpler and easier to read. The Creative mode can be particularly useful for this purpose. This can even be verified using a readability checker .
- Removing accidental plagiarism: Prepostseo’s word changer can also be useful for getting rid of any accidental plagiarism that may be present in a piece of content. The tool makes different changes to the text to remove replication and resemblance with existing content.
- Improving content engagement: Long-winded and clunkily-written content can hurt content quality, which is something that professional writers can’t afford. With this sentence changer, such content can be reworded for better engagement.
3. Freelance writers:
Freelance writers can also use our rephraser for different needs and purposes. They can use our tool to improve the quality of their content, speeding up the content creation process and enhancing their writing skills.
Here are some ways in which our tool can help freelance writers:
- Enhancing Content Quality : Junior freelance writers can often have trouble keeping their content quality up to mark. Prepostseo’s paraphrasing tool can help them fix readability issues in the content. This can help them learn how to make their phrases and sentences properly flowing.
- Removing Content Similarity : Freelance writers often have to conduct extensive research on different topics and niches for their clients. During this process, their content can pick up similarities from the research sources. This sentence changer can help them give their content a unique touch.
- Reworking Old Content : If a freelance writer wants to use some old un-used content, but they aren’t confident of the quality, our paraphrasing tool can be a great help.
4. SEO experts:
This rephrase tool can also be highly useful to SEO experts. Here are some ways in which SEO experts can use our tool:
- Optimize meta descriptions: Creating proper meta descriptions can be challenging. Our paraphrasing tool can help SEO experts to rephrase clunky texts and make them catchier and engaging.
- Creating engaging taglines : SEO experts also need to create taglines and banner text for web pages. They can use the paraphraser to get multiple suggestions on how to write the text properly.
5. Digital marketers:
Digital marketers can also find a lot of uses in this tool. Here are some of them:
- Writing Engaging Product Descriptions : Digital marketers often have to write product descriptions for e-commerce stores and sites. During this process, they can use our rephraser to make the descriptions unique and engaging.
- Copywriting : Other than product descriptions, digital marketers have to do copywriting on a lot of other different occasions i.e., when writing content for landing pages or for service pages, etc. This tool can help improve the quality of that content as well.
How does the paraphrasing tool improve content readability?
Rephrase Online is a professional tool with every word stored in its database. This word rephraser replaces words with their possible synonyms to improve the readability of your text.
How many articles can i paraphrase with this tool for free?
As a free user, you can enter 500 words at a time. However, you can use the tool as many times as you want and paraphrase unlimited articles. You just need to be careful of the word count.
Is using a paraphrasing tool plagiarizing?
Using a paraphrasing tool is not plagiarism. However, you have to cite the source if you use someone else’s content.
Can you get caught plagiarizing using prepostseo paraphraser?
No, you will not get caught plagiarising using Prepostseo paraphraser since the changes made are extensive and smart.
Is using a paraphrasing tool cheating?
No, using a paraphrase tool is not cheating. But, if you want to use existing content, you have to give the necessary accreditation.
Does paraphrasing tool count as plagiarism?
Poorly done paraphrasing can count as plagiarism since the changes are not proper and thorough.
- Unlock this mode for Creative Paraphrasing
- Unlock this mode to make your paraphrasing Smarter
- Unlock this mode to make your paraphrasing Shorten
Our online paraphrasing tool uses state-of-the-art AI technology to paraphrase text accurately and instantly. Using this tool, you can rephrase sentences and articles without affecting their meaning.
Paraphrasing Tool Features
The online paraphrase tool has numerous features including, rewriting essays, fixing plagiarism, and rewording articles. Our paraphrasing tool works best as a word changer and sentence rephraser.
Human Level Paraphrasing
Paraphraser.io has the art of rephrasing the text on the human level. The final output will be readable, sensible, and plagiarism free.
State-of-the-art AI Paraphraser
Our free paraphrasing tool is the most advanced AI rewriter based on NLP. It can paraphrase sentences and complete articles.
Maintain Original Meaning
Unlike other online paraphrase tools, our AI-based paraphrasing tool maintains the original meaning while changing the sentence structure.
Why is Paraphraser.io best?
Our paraphrase tool has an advanced algorithm for paraphrasing content online. Accurate web-based content spinning was never possible before Paraphraser.io.
It's best because of
Our Paraphrase tool generates more readable and grammatically correct content. It does not ruin the quality of the content after paraphrasing. Hence, our paraphrasing tool helps to improve your writing skills and provides you a different way to express your own words.
It replaces proper synonyms, rephrases like real humans, and paraphrases better than professional writers.
Our Paraphrasing tool helps you to avoid duplication of content . Paraphraser.io is useful to increase productivity as it quickly and easily generates multiple versions of the same text.
As compared to other tools, our paraphraser provides the fastest results by keeping the best quality. It processes a large text within a few seconds.
Easy to use
Sentence rephraser by Paraphraser.io is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface. Do you have any suggestions to improve our interface? Please let us know .
We provide Fluency & Standard mode with 600 words limit at free of cost. You can rephrase unlimited text without any daily limit. You can increase the word limit to 1500, by upgrading to pro .
Colleges and universities can integrate our rephraser using our paraphrasing APIs .
We take care of our users. In case you have any questions or need assistance, You can contact us via chat or open a ticket on our support page .
How to paraphrase online?
To paraphrase online using our rewording tool, follow these simple steps:
- Type the text in the input box or upload a file.
- Word Changer
- Click on the submit button and let this paraphrasing tool do the rest of the work. 😊
Paraphrasing tool users
Our tool can be used in a number of ways, so it is up to you to decide how you want to use it.
We are always here for any alterations or paraphrasing you may need. Our Paraphrasing tool is commonly used by the following people:
If you are a student and looking for an accurate and best solution for paraphrasing, we are here for you.
Our online paraphrase generator gives different ideas for assignment writing and thesis writing. You can make your assignments plagiarism-free and more readable. Use our rephrasing tool, Get good grades, and Thank us later 😉.
If you are a teacher, we know your feelings. For a teacher, a paraphrasing tool is not less than a life-savour, as they have to prepare notes, reports, quizzes, and helpful study material on a regular basis.
- With our tool, teachers can create study notes that are easier to understand.
- Our professional paraphrasing tool helps teachers save time by automatically rephrasing the text.
- Teachers can also use our rewording tool to create quiz questions that are more challenging and varied.
By rephrasing technical terms researchers can avoid plagiarism and summarize key points in their research papers. You can paraphrase the main ideas of a source to better understand the information.
A sentence changer can be helpful when writing a review or synthesis of the literature.
To make your copywriting more creative, our word rephraser is a very handy tool .
Generating your content for advertising, public relations, and media is very easy using word changer, because the choice of the words matters.
Using our tool, copywriters can
Craft compelling and persuasive messages to sell products, services, or ideas.
Work with creative teams, including art directors and designers, to ensure that the writing is visually appealing and effective.
Create copy for a wide range of media, including print, digital, and social media.
Write more engaging and killer quality content using our free paraphrasing tool. Different word choices and sentence structures make blog content appealing to blog readers.
Every Blogger should use a rephrasing tool to
Avoid Plagiarism : Our free tool creates original content to avoid plagiarism by changing the words and sentences.
Improve readability : make blog content readable for all types of users.
Save time : we can save your time and effort by automating the process of rephrasing. For large projects with tight deadlines, our paraphraser tool is super helpful.
Create best-performing content for your social media posts, emails, advertisements, and article submissions with our online paraphrase tool.
Marketers can cut down the writing cost using our free tool.
Get Multiple versions of the content for A/B Testing, for example, email subject lines or social media posts, to test which ones are most effective.
Paraphrase text in a way that is easier to understand for their audience.
Display the best tag lines and descriptions for your website with our advanced paraphrase tool. Writing the best quality content attracts readers and is also good for SEO purposes. We had four different modes; you can choose the most suitable mode for you e-commerce, landing page or a saas website.
Paraphraser.io helps you rephrase text easily and quickly
Our paraphrasing tool online lets you paraphrase text in one go. You can use this free tool to paraphrase your sentences, paragraphs, articles, and even long blogs with advanced AI technology. It further provides several useful features that help you customize the rephrased text to fit your content needs.
How Does This Paraphrasing Tool Work?
It is an AI-based paraphraser developed with state-of-the-art technology. It rewrites articles, rewords sentences, and paraphrases the text. It also works as a reworder and rewriter for lessness chances of plagiarism.
Our free paraphrasing tool can be used online across all devices, including Android & IOS.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW
Some of The Most Frequently Asked Questions
Is using a paraphrasing tool is illegal?
No, using a paraphrasing tool is not illegal if used correctly. In academic writing, if you use a word rephraser to create content then it must be correctly cited. Using paraphrased content as original work could be considered academic misconduct.
Can you get in trouble for using a paraphrasing tool?
Sentence rephraser developed using advanced AI algorithms to paraphrase content like a human. You can use our different modes to check which rephrase model is the best fit for you. Pro Tips: Cite the sources to avoid any trouble.
Is using a paraphrasing tool count as plagiarism?
No, Using a paraphrase online tool does not count as plagiarism. As mentioned above, our tool provides plagiarism-free content while keeping the original meaning of the context. Our text paraphraser helps users to rephrase text and avoid plagiarism. The content generated by our tool is completely unique.
Can I use a paraphrasing tool for legal writing?
- Check plagiarism: Double-check the rephrased text for plagiarism.
- Cite Sources: Cite any sources used, even if you used a paraphraser tool to rephrase a text.
Plans & Pricing
Choose your plans. Get with awesome discounts.
Types of Paraphrasing
There are several types of paraphrasing, including: Direct paraphrasing Indirect paraphrasing Summary paraphrasing Transformation paraph...
Is a Paraphraser Effective Against Plagiarism?
In a nutshell, the answer to this question is yes. Paraphrasers can be very effective against plagiarism. Obviously, we’re not going to leave i...
5 Ways to Rewrite the Sentence Correctly
Rewriting sentences correctly is a useful skill for all writers. It allows them to restate the ideas of other people in their own wording, and it lets...
Disable your ad blocker and refresh your page to carry on.
This is a free AI-powered rewrite tool that offers you rephrasing of your articles, sentences, essays, stories, and other creations. Our tool finds the best options for text rewording thanks to Natural Language Processing (NLP) AI software and presents you with a variety of choices.
We are here to offer you the best free tool to enhance your writing and edit any sentence you need.
Paraphrase articles, essays, add new words, and phrases to your writing to present your ideas in a novel and fresh way.
Our free AI-powered paraphrase generator works great as a sentence rephraser, word changer, and article rewriter. It doesn’t alter the ideas in your writing but instead adds richness and freshness.
Paraphrasing and the functions of a paraphrasing tool
So what is paraphrasing? It is the process of rewriting sentences to present your ideas in a new and clearer way.
- Rewords the text by offering synonyms
- Keeps the initial context and provides structure
- Makes content smoother and more consistent
Our smart free paraphrasing tool takes this process to a whole new level. We integrate innovative solutions with traditional rewording tools to get the best outcome. Our precise software will help you get improved structure and well-written content.
When using our rewrite tool, you get a high-quality and human-level result. The end product is a well-written, appealing, and intelligent piece. We want to help you improve your style and get your ideas across with the best sentence rewriter.
Our interactive tool helps you decide which version you want to use. Select the variant you are most comfortable with to ensure natural and comprehensive results.
Differences between a paraphrasing tool and a paraphrasing bot
On the other hand, paraphrase bots do not provide any of the above-mentioned points. They are built in a simple way and just offer synonyms, turning your work into an unreadable collection of words.
Technology used for a paraphrasing tool
We have incorporated the best practices in machine learning to present you with high-quality sentence rewriting options. Our software works wonders and is the best free tool available on the market.
The NLP technique behind the tool helps you create smart copies of your articles that present your ideas even better. This technique makes your content smooth and easily readable.
Our paraphrasing tool enhances your writing style and enriches your vocabulary. The best tool for academic writing, professional research, and creative pieces is the AI-powered paraphraser.
Features of our paraphrasing tool
Here are some key features of the tool:
Due to a highly developed machine learning algorithm, the tool features high-quality options for rewording.
Fast & free paraphrasing service
The free interactive tool is fast and to the point. It does an amazing job as a paraphraser of words, sentences, and paragraphs.
Clear paraphrasing of your ideas
Many online sentence rewriters lose the meaning of the original text when they rewrite it, but our AI-powered tool keeps all of your original ideas.
Our tool offers 100% unique, plagiarism-free text, so you don’t have to worry about the originality of your article being compromised.
With the help of our free tool to rewrite paragraphs, you can be sure that you have paraphrased text in the right way and kept the correct structure for your text.
Rephrasing poems & stories
We understand the importance and difficulty of paraphrasing poems and stories, and that’s why our rephrasing tool is built with proper algorithms to yield high-quality results.
Users of a paraphrasing tool
There are numerous ways to make the most of the tool, and we leave it to you to decide.
We just want you to know that we are here for you for any of your project alterations and rephrasings. Commonly, our paraphrasing tool is used by the following personas:
If you are a student looking for a fast and easy rephrasing tool that will help you get a better grade on your assignment, we’ve got your back.
Our free paraphrase generator gives you ideas for your assignments that are free of plagiarism and can help you improve your style.
Our rephrasing tool is here to help you get more out of your research and avoid plagiarism.
Whether you are working on your PhD, thesis, or brand-new research, we will add creativity and sophisticated words to your work.
Unleash your creative side and write down your script ideas and the most fascinating scenarios. Let the rephrasing tool do the rest of the rewriting to help you better appeal to your audience.
Choose this tool to assist you with script changes while preserving the context of your work.
Poets and storytellers
Let inspiration guide you to write down stories and poems that come from your heart and soul. In turn, our paraphrase generator will create all the necessary paraphrases to construct your writing in the necessary tone and style.
Make your poems and stories stand out with words that will hook your reader.
Content writers and copywriters
If you need to summarize your copywriting, look no further, because our tool will do the job for you. Using our easy-to-use paraphrase generator, we’ll keep the meaning of the original content but give you a newer version.
Produce your best-performing blog content every time with the help of our free tool. We will help you create unique content every time and keep your readers interested.
If you have a task to write ad copy or SEO-related blog posts, we will help you write the best-performing content for your readers.
Why is paraphrasing-tool.com the best tool?
We are pleased to offer you the best AI-powered solutions to level up your writing. The rich vocabulary of the paraphrase generator will give your great work an extra kick.
- Free access
- Machine learning technology
- A great user interface
- Adjusted wording without meaning loss
- Human-level and professional rephrasing
- Appealing and sensible results
How does this tool impact the academic writing skills of students?
Does this tool help in developing the quality of the essay?
Is using a paraphrasing tool considered plagiarism?
Is using a paraphrasing tool cheating?
Can teachers tell if you used a paraphrasing tool?
Which paraphrasing tool is best for academic writing?
How to change grammar and vocabulary when paraphrasing
Time to complete: 30-40 minutes.
Use some or all of the methods below to help you change the source text into your own words.
It is very important to remember that using only one of the techniques below is not enough . Paraphrasing requires that you change several elements of the source text before it is finished. Therefore, the examples are not finished paraphrases , but steps in the process.
1) Verbs- positive to negative (or vice versa)
Historians can say nothing about these persons or events.
Historians cannot say anything about these persons or events.
(Encyclopedia Britannica, 2020)
2) Change active to passive OR passive to active
Interaction between local and international students could improve their intercultural competence .
Intercultural competence could be improved by interaction between local and international students .
(Law, Hafiz, Kwong & Wong, 2019)
3) Use synonyms
The research attempted to discover reasons for this phenomenon.
The research tried to find reasons for this phenomenon.
4) Change word forms (parts of speech)
- restrict (verb) → restriction (noun)
- success (noun) → successful (adjective)
- effective (adjective) → effectively (adverb)
The teacher helped the students register for the course.
The teacher helped the students complete the registration process for the course.
Note : Changing a word form will require further changes in a sentence e.g. order, adding more words, etc.
5) Change the structure of a sentence
You can move clauses and phrases within the sentence (the word order)
Of the spectroscopic methods discussed here , NMR is the most recently developed technique .
NMR is the most recently developed technique of the spectroscopic methods discussed here .
OR divide one sentence into two shorter ones. This may involve using different linking devices, grammar and punctuation to the source text.
Although both groups made valuable contributions to the development of NMR , for which both Purcell and Block were jointly awarded the Nobel prize in 1952 , Block’s group recognised the potential applications of NMR (40) .
Both groups made valuable contributions to the development of NMR and Purcell and Block were jointly awarded the Nobel prize in 1952 . However, Block’s group recognised the potential applications of NMR (40) .
6) Change the order of information in a paragraph
When paraphrasing a whole paragraph, alter the order of points in the source text. For example, point 1 in a paragraph could be point 2 in the paraphrase. Furthermore, you can group points differently from the source text (if the meaning is not changed).
Task: Answer the following questions to check that you have understood the techniques.
Username or Email Address
Registration confirmation will be emailed to you.
Paraphrase Online. Paraphrase online is a free online paraphrasing tool used to change words and rephrase sentences. Choose Mode. Word Changer
Our rewording tool is free and easy to use—with just the click of a button, the paraphrasing tool will rephrase your sentence, paragraph, essay, or article to
Editpad Online Paraphrasing tool (paraphraser) works as a sentence rephraser and change words by most relevant synonyms.
Paraphrasing means putting someone else's ideas into your own words. Paraphrasing a source involves changing the wording while preserving the
1. The paraphrase writer revises the first sentence so that the subject of the sentence performs the action of the verb. In the source, the subject of the
Paraphrasing is the process of changing words and sentences in a piece of content to make it look different from its original form, but with the same
Paraphraser.io is a best paraphrasing tool for sentence rephrasing and essay rewriting. Our rewording tool changes structure of sentences and replace
As noted on the previous page, when you paraphrase, you have to do more than change the words from the original passage. You have to also change the sentence
Paraphrasing tool is a free online rewording tool to rephrase words, sentences, and paragraphs. Cutting-edge AI algorithm that is trusted by 10000+ users
When paraphrasing a whole paragraph, alter the order of points in the source text. For example, point 1 in a paragraph could be point 2 in the paraphrase.